Men’s Support Group
June 13 @ 11:30 am1:00 pm
An event every week that begins at 11:30 am on Sunday, repeating indefinitely
When was the last time…
● Another man called you on your B.S. because he cares about you – and you were happy he did?
● Had a heart to heart discussion about sexuality, work, masculinity, your fears, anxiety, hopes or what it’s like being a son, spouse, or father?
● You bared your deepest secrets knowing that you would be accepted and cared for regardless of what you said?
● You needed support and you knew that there would be other men there for you?
● You laughed so much it hurt?
For the past 12 years, David Kaufman and Herb Waters have had the honour of facilitating a men’s support group for JACS. Thousands of hours with men discussing their successes, failures, celebrations, mourning, relationships, business and hobbies – their inner and outer world. There is nothing like the sense of belonging and growth that happens when 10 or 20 men sit in a circle and get real about their lives.
The focus of the men’s group is to give men a forum to explore the slogan, “Living life on life’s terms” as it relates to the things that make up our daily life, beliefs and inner dialogues. In addition, the Men’s Support Group is a place where thoughtful crosstalk and sharing is encouraged. The group is professionally facilitated and participants are encouraged to reflect on the topic of the day; sharing their thoughts and experiences.
The JACS Sunday Men’s Support Group will celebrate the man you are today while challenging and supporting the man you want to be.
Anonymity is the foundation of recovery and growth so all contact with JACS or discussions in-group are 100% confidential. The group is open to all men, including both addicts/alcoholics and family members without question of their religion or ethnicity and is free of charge.
The Men’s Group takes place every Sunday at 846 Sheppard Avenue West from 11:30am-1:00pm.