Jewish Addiction Community Services (JACS) Toronto seeks to hire an experienced and qualified individual to oversee counselling for clients who are impacted by addiction and related mental health issues. The successful candidate will play a vital role in providing holistic care to clients who seek support from JACS struggling with complex situations.
- Perform ongoing one-on-one counselling for addiction and mental health clients
- Facilitate/co-facilitate weekly virtual group counselling sessions
- Attend weekly in-person clinical supervision with the clinical team, and weekly in-person staff meetings
- Regularly assemble clinical data for reporting purposes
- Assist with outreach efforts as required
We are seeking someone who possesses the following skill set:
- A minimum of four years of experience in the field of mental health and addiction
- A Master of Social Work or Master of Counselling Psychology
- Avid experience with treatment surrounding both substance misuse and process addictions
- Experience working with clients at all levels of the recovery continuum (ex. abstinence, harm reduction)
- Experience with providing virtual counselling, both individual counselling and group therapy, through Zoom and/or Cliniko considered a major asset
- Experience and knowledge of proper case note documentation
- Ability to respond rapidly and decisively to crisis situations
- Working knowledge of the Jewish community and its resources considered a major asset
- Fluent English speaker and writer
- Knowledge of, and experience with, Microsoft Office Suite
- Knowledge of addictions specific community-based treatment programs and resources considered an asset
- Availability for weekday and evening work
How to apply:
Please send your cover letter and resume to email@example.com. Please label the email subject line “Clinical Therapist Application.” All attachments must each be labeled with the applicant’s full name. In your cover letter, please help us understand why you are the ideal candidate by addressing the following questions:
- What interests you most about this position?
- Based on the qualifications, why are you a strong candidate?
- What excites you about working for JACS?
Deadline to submit applications is Friday, December 1st 2023.
This part-time or full-time position will pay a competitive salary commensurate with education and experience levels. The successful candidate will report to the Clinical Director and will be expected to work at JACS’ office regularly.
Our sincere appreciation to all those expressing interest in this position, however, only those applicants invited for an interview will be contacted. We will accept applications until the position is filled. No recruiters please.
JACS is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to creating an accessible and inclusive organization. We adhere to barrier-free and accessible employment practices in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). Should you require Code-protected accommodation through any stage of the recruitment process, please notify us and we will work with you to meet your needs.