Jewish Addiction Community Services (JACS) Toronto seeks to hire a qualified individual to oversee counselling for clients who are impacted by addiction and related mental health issues. The successful candidate will play a vital role in providing holistic care to clients who arrive at JACS through the Restoring Intimacy program, dedicated to supporting those struggling with sex and love addiction (SLA).
- Co-facilitate the quarterly Restoring Intimacy virtual outpatient intensive programs, including group and individual therapy sessions
- Facilitate weekly virtual group counselling for male clients impacted SLA
- Provide counselling to non-SLA clients impacted by addiction as assigned
- Undertake tasks related to group therapy sessions as required (i.e. group preparation, group attendance, review group guidelines each group)
- Attend weekly in-person clinical supervision with the clinical team, and weekly in-person staff meetings
- Regularly assemble clinical data for reporting purposes
We are seeking someone who possesses the following skill set:
- Certified Sex Addiction Therapist, licensed through IITAP.
- Minimum of 2 years experience working in the mental health field. Experience in addiction-focused settings with a strong understanding of addiction and related mental health issues considered a major asset
- Experience with providing group therapy sessions considered an asset
- Experience with providing virtual counselling considered an asset
- Experience and knowledge of case note documentation
- Knowledge, skills, training, and experience with managing and caring for clients with polysubstance use, process addiction(s) and/or concurrent disorder(s)
- Ability to respond rapidly and decisively to crisis situations
- Working knowledge of the Jewish community considered a major asset
- Fluent English speaker and writer
- Knowledge of, and experience with, computer programs including Microsoft Office 365 and Zoom
- Knowledge of addictions specific community-based treatment programs and resources considered an asset
How to apply:
Please send your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please label the email subject line “CSAT Application.” All attachments must each be labeled with the applicant’s full name. In your cover letter, please help us understand why you are the ideal candidate by addressing the following questions:
- What interests you most about this position?
- Based on the qualifications, why are you a strong candidate?
- What excites you about working for JACS?
Deadline to submit applications is Friday, November 10th 2023.
This part-time position will pay a competitive salary commensurate with education and experience levels. The successful candidate will report to the Clinical Director and will be expected to work virtually during clinical hours and be present for in-person staff meetings once per week.
Our sincere appreciation to all those expressing interest in this position, however, only those applicants invited for an interview will be contacted. We will accept applications until the position is filled. No recruiters please.
JACS is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to creating an accessible and inclusive organization. We adhere to barrier-free and accessible employment practices in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). Should you require Code-protected accommodation through any stage of the recruitment process, please notify us and we will work with you to meet your needs.